Politicians! As I read and listen to news commentaries, I wondered to myself if our politicians are mentally fit? Are they taking care of business? Are they more interested in pleasing their special interest groups to the detriment of the country? Since I was contemplating these issues, I decided to post what I think are some of the basics of mental fitness.
The basics of mental fitness from my book, I Live within the Environment Created by My Choices.
THE BASICS OF MENTAL FITNESS
1. I Live within the environment created by my choices.
2. I focus on taking care of me, now.
3. Where I want freedom from the past, I will make new choices.
4. I accept my choices as powerful and realize the content of my choices makes me powerful or powerless .
5. I accept my freedom to make or not make choices.
6. When I make a new choice, it may feel wrong and uncomfortable.
7. I accept the momentary frustrations necessary to care for me.
8. I accept my humanness and "messing up".
9. I accept and experience my higher power.
10. I belong and I actively commit myself to my family, friends, work, community and country.
11. I have quality and balance in my logical, emotional and self-parenting decision-making.
12. Success is making choice to actualize my dreams, achieve my goals and take care of myself so I have freedom, happiness, peace of mind and power over my life.
13. I do what is necessary to be successful and take care of me.
14. I claim my successes and experience the benefits of success which are freedom, happiness, peace of mind and power over my life.
15. I accept others' opinions as separate from me and I will not allow the opinions of others to deprive me from feeling good about my successes.
16. I live in the present: the place of freedom, happiness, peace of mind and power over my life.
It is important for all of us to decide if we and our our politicians are mentally fit! Are our polit Oans making decisions that are best for taking care of our country? Are our politicians applying the principles of mental fitness in running our country?
Remember, We Live within the Environment Created by Our Choices!
Life and Mental Fitness Coach