Do you have joy in your life?
What do you think about that brings joy into you life?
Is it your accomplishments or successes in life? Is it playful and fun activities? Is it beautiful expressions of nature? Is it your home? Is it your job? Is it your friends? Is it your family? Is it your beliefs? Is it the purpose of your life? Is it the ability to change?
All of the above can bring joy into life and specifically to my life.
When I thought about the question, I kept narrowing down the answer for me. It became abundantly clear that relationships with others brought the greatest joy into my life. Specifically, the relationship with my significant others and my wife brings the greatest joy into my life. The more I thought about my relationship with my wife, I realized my joy was inseparable from 10 values shared most deeply with my wife.
I experience joy when I think of my relationship with my wife, because I know:
1. I love her and I know she loves me.
2. I respect her and I know she respects me.
3. I accept her and I know she accepts me.
4. I trust her and I know she trusts me.
5. I appreciate her and I know she appreciates me.
6. I care about her and I know she cares about me.
7. I value her and I know she values me.
8. I forgive her and I know she forgives me.
9. I encourage her and I know she encourages me.
10. I challenge her and I know she challenges me.
Our relationship isnt perfect and has had its highs and lows. Joy is not generated by perfect relationships. Joy is experiencing the essence of a committed relationship as we go through the highs and lows of our lives together.
Let me again ask you the question. What brings joy to your life? You can make choices to feel joy.
Remember, You Live within the Environment Created by Your Choices!
Life and Mental Fitness Coach